Before getting started with Nicgrade, you need to perform a basic configuration of the platform. Nicgrade is a cloud solution and does not require installation on a personal computer. Feel free to ask questions related to the implementation process and request assistance here.
Getting started with Nicgrade. Configuration steps:
A. Basic setup
- Register on website
- Place tracking code on your website, landings etc.
- Import existing or create new web forms
- Import contacts database via CSV file (CRM data import and synchronization is available starting with Basic plan)
B. Customizing the platform (requires help of IT department)
- Add DKIM and SPF (branded digital email signature)
- Integration and synchronization of contacts data from CRM or other services
А. Basic setup
1. Register on website
- To start using Nicgrade, you need to create an account using official website https://nicgrade.com/en/.
2. After registering on the website, you’ll get a welcome email. Open it and press the Create Account button, that will lead you to a form, to confirm your registration data.
3. Enter your name, domain, phone, valid email and desired password and press the create button.
In order to create additional access to the platform for employees of the company, you need to create additional users for each of them.
Go to Account settings, placed in the bottom corner of the interface.
On the Settings page, press the Users tab.
Press the New User button and fill in the data for your new user. Also, you can assign administrative rights to any of the users to delegate the ability to create new users and edit existing ones.
2. Place tracking code on your website, landings etc.
Nicgrade uses a special code to track visitor actions that allow you automate and launch marketing campaigns. Nicgrade also tracks IP of anonymous visitors to collect data from their activity.
Tracking code should be added to every page of your website that you want to track. The tracking code can be added just once in the tag, in case if you have a dynamic structured website.
Press profile icon in the upper right corner and select Get code.
In order to verify while the code is working properly, press the button Check code in the Settings > Website tab
3. Import existing or create new web forms
In order to import existing web forms from your site, just follow my steps:
1. Create a web form. Go to Design Studio, press the New button and select Form.
2. Enter a name of the form, select the “Existing on a website” option in the menu and press Create button.
3. In order to start parsing your web form data, enter the link of a specific page of your website that contains specific web form and press Open.
4. In the opened window, move the cursor over the form and click on them.
5. At this step, you need to specify which fields from your existing web form will correspond to Nicgrade fields. You can select to parse only critical data of your leads and delete remaining unused fields. For example, your existing form contains a name, email, telephone, comment fields. You decided for your lead generation strategy at Nicgrade, to parse just name and email fields. Match the name and email fields and delete the other ones.
After you finish to match webform fields press Save
6. Once the matches are saved, Nicgrade starts to parse the data from your existing web form. You can repeat this action for every web form you want to connect to the system. Furthermore, Nicgrade parsing method does not affect your native web form functionality.
4. Import contacts database via CSV file (CRM data import and synchronization is available starting with Basic plan)
If you store your leads (contacts) in another marketing tool, for example in MailChimp, you should definitely have the option of exporting the database to a .csv file. After you exported the .csv file of your contacts, you can proceed to import the file into the Nicgrade. Below you can see the procedure for importing your contact database:
1. The first step is to create a list in Nicgrade, in which you will import your contacts (leads). Go to Leads and create a new list.
2. Press Create > List. Specify a name and press Save.
3. Next step you need to import your existing .csv file. Press Import button in the upper right corner of list menu.
4. Use the step-by-step wizard to import your database. Press the uploadbutton and select .CSV file from your computer.
Next, you have to select between two import types: Deduplication modeand Ignore existing leads. The deduplication mode means that if a contact/lead already exists in the Nicgrade (and has a similar email address) the remaining data of this contact/lead will be updated. Ignore existing leads works to maintain the leads data if a duplicate occurs on import process.
Moreover, you can assign the imported leads to a certain program.
Press Continue to proceed to the next step.
5. Next step is a matching fields mechanics. It means you need to correlate the imported document fields with lead’s native fields in Nicgrade. The correspondence process is based on column headers in your .csv file. Example: column “Name” in your .csv file should be matched with the “Name” field in Nicgrade.
6. Press Continue and wait for the import process to complete. Upon completion, the system will show up the import results.
B.Customizing the platform (requires minimum involvement of IT department)
1. Add DKIM and SPF (branded digital email signature)
There are two recommended measures that should be taken to ensure that your email/sms/other campaigns do not harm your company reputation and affect your engagement with the maximum number of recipients.
1. Personalize your tracking links and the sender’s address. You can configure any address to replace the links contained in email messages, and also, the address that appears in the sender’s field in different email software (for example, the Gmail service – the sender’s “mailed-by” field, Outlook etc.). Corporate branding has a positive impact on the recognition of your company, increase trust, reputation and deliverability of your emails.
2. To personalize tracking links and sender’s address, go to Settings > Email.
3. Important! Try to avoid such names as “track” or “link“, as they are often perceived by autonomous systems and the end recipients as spam.
4. At this step, you’ll need help from a system administrator or IT specialist with access to your domain name provider. Nicgrade automatically generates cname entries (on the right side of the current setting page). Copy and paste entries to your domain DNS manager. Example of a cname records:
|DNS type||DNS entry value||DNS host|
After you finish to setup cname records to the DNS manager of your domain, go back to Nicgrade’s settings tab and check the status by clicking the Check DNS button.
If you use whitelists, add Nicgrade’ IP address to the whitelist: 126.96.36.199. Messages from such addresses, are not marked as spam.
2. Integration and synchronization of contacts data from CRM or other services
Nicgrade works with one single entity – Lead, which means it reads the fields and their values from the lead profile in CRM or other systems. The following fields are being synchronized:
3. Additional source info
4. Responsible person
7. Date of Birth
Custom fields created in lead profile and not duplicated in contact entity, will not be synchronized and vice versa. If a lead has already been converted into a contact, then Nicgrade reads the information from the contact profile. Custom fields that were inherited by contacts are synchronized as a result of converting the lead into a contact.
Company data is not being synchronized (except the company name).
Before the primary synchronization, make sure that there are no duplicates in your CRM system (leads with the same e-mail address etc.). Nonetheless, during synchronization, Nicgrade imports only the first copy of the same lead and subsequently updates the data of specific lead’s profile. Remaining copies of leads or contacts from your CRM, with the same e-mail address, will be ignored.
If for some reason, during synchronization, the imported lead already exists in Nicgrade, lead’s data from Nicgrade will complement the empty fields in your CRM and vice versa. If fields are already filled in both systems, then data will remain unchanged.
Read following steps in order to proceed with primary synchronization:
1. Log in to your Bitrix24(or other CRM) account.
2. Find the Nicgrade MA application in the application directory.
3. Install the application.
4. At Nicgrade. Go to the Settings > Integrations
5. Click on your CRM name button
6. Once a window will pop up, enter the domain of your Bitrix24 (or other services) account. Usually, it has the format mycompany.bitrix24.ru. Press Connect.
7. Wait until the synchronization is complete. The process can last up to 30 minutes depending on the size of the database in your CRM or other services.
2. Real-Time Synchronization
After you finished with primary synchronization, Nicgrade continues to synchronize data asynchronously with the service you connected. As soon as the data is updated in one of the CRM (or other services) fields, the corresponding field in Nicgrade is automatically updated, and vice versa.
Synchronization of custom fields is a bit complex and works under the same restrictions as in the case of primary synchronization. Note that the custom fields that were created after the primary synchronization will not be synchronized until the platform administrator does manually synchronize the fields (see “Manual Field Synchronization” section). Custom fields are identified by name and type, so make sure that if you edit the field name at the lead side, do the same at the contact side, and vice versa. Otherwise, the synchronization of these fields will not work properly. Custom lists of type “List” should have the same set of options both at lead and contact side.
If responsible person for the lead is the user that was created after the primary synchronization, it will not be synchronized until the ones are updated manually from Nicgrade Integration tab (see “Manual synchronization of the responsible person” section).
3. Manual synchronization of the responsible person and field
Every time you create, delete or edit a custom field in Bitrix24 (or other services), you must manually start the field synchronization so that updates are sent to Nicgrade. The same should be done after editing the entries in Bitrix24 (or other services).
To manually synchronize fields, go to Settings > Integrations tab. Click Resync Data button and wait a few seconds for the process to complete.
4. Deals synchronization
To provide ROI reporting, Nicgrade reads transaction data from Bitrix24 (or other services) and binds it to the corresponding lead in the Nicgrade. Note that Nicgrade determines whether the specific deal belongs only to the main contact. Additional/secondary contacts will be ignored.
If a deal is tied to the company entity and not to the contact, Nicgrade will not synchronize the deal.